Need help, slow PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

shang

I just reninstalled whole my pc after i installed swiftdog got alot of virus and ****.

Anyway i had virus before aswell. And the problem is my pc feels so slow. Even if its cleaned.

Before it was much faster...

Do i need to use any program to make it faster or what is the problem.

Or is there any program that i can use to check whats wrong.

Hmm its like its slowed down. Duno how to fix this :)

hmm allready did

im allready reninstalled and its still slow have the virus crashed sumthing?

Pre-Diagnostic Hints

I do not want to interfere with the work of the principal advisors involved here, just to point out a couple of preliminary facts.

1 You don’t say what OS you have. In order to get the most relevant and effective advice, it’s in your interests to enter your system’s parameters in your profile as required by the Board. To gather the relevant info, you can use Everest:

Code:
http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

2 You also don’t specify whether you have patched your newly installed system with all security updates. What happens often with a system freshly installed from an old original CD, is that it lacks the essential security patches. If you then go online, it’s a matter of seconds before you catch your first virus. In such cases, you should download e.g. SP3 (for XP) beforehand, save it on an external disc or CD and install it as soon as you reformat.

For Specific Advice, the system data is important, and Bobcat's post is "dead on" / "spot on"!
To gather the relevant info, you can use Everest: http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
or here https://www.techspot.com/downloads/433-everest-ultimate-edition.html;)
If you use this, you can attach your report as a text file, using the paperclip icon in the "advanced" reply editor.
2. SP3 (if you are using XP) is also available on Disk, for about $10US, including shipping (US).
It takes a couple of weeks to arrive though, (the only downside I see.)
3. For more general guidelines for improving a slow system, see .. this guide.

hmm im gona post my pc information soon and a hijackthislog. Hmm i have windows on cd :) its orgional aswell. Hmm do u mena i should buy sp3 on cd? why?
And i have avir+superantispyware+malware removal+comodo+zonealarm+hijackthis :) And sorry i have XP....

no. Do a low level format, Completely reinstall windows from scratch, even if it is SP1. Install an anti-virus with the latest defininitions. Immediately do a windows update and continue to update until all patches are complete. This could be lengthy and time consuming depending on your connection.

reformat is not enough,you have to wipe out hard drive with something like dban,3 passses sgould be ok,,then as soon as you reinstall,install the antivirus,free good choices are avast home free,and avira home free.get all updates and patches for OS..
and tell your OS specifications,,,

Tedster said:
continue to update until all patches are complete. This could be lengthy and time consuming depending on your connection.
Which is one reason that I mentioned the SP3 on CD option.
Listen to Tedster and Bobcat. You are in good hands. They will give you trustworthy/reliable guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back