Need help troubleshooting a newly built pc that wont autoboot when powered on

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuamays

Now heres the issue im having thus far. All components are are set. Pc is ready to be powered. Unfortunately this case has no pc speaker, so i cant listen to the beeps upon powering on. Hardware not functioning properly: dvd drives have power, but tray doesnt eject.

The system will power on when i flip the power switch on on the back of the psu. power and reset on front is non operational, yes theyre wired properly. pc can only be powered off by turning off power on back of psu. onboard reset and memok! are working properly. pc wont boot to bios stays at black screen and monitor goes into powersave. All usb ports are working, yet my keyboard doesnt seem to be operational. guess that can be expected if pc isnt going into autoboot like it should upon being powered on for the first time.

Water cooling is fully functional as are all fans and leds.

Video card appears to be fine as far as the eye can see.

What should my next step be to troubleshoot?

Plz suggest another location to post this thread if need be.

Need help quick. Will post very frequently on this thread so keep in touch. Thx

borrowed a pc speaker from another pc in hopes of being able to get an answer from beep codes, but the speaker hast runneth silent. im at a standstill.

Heres my specs

Mobo - ASUS Rampage II Gene

Processor - Intel Core i7 - 920

Cooling - Thermaltake Big Water 760is

Case - CM Storm Sniper

Monitor - LG 23" Flatron Wide LCD Monitor

HDD - Seagate 1TB 3.5" Barracuda SATA 32MB Cache 7200

Vid - GeForce GTX285 OC core clock 666MHz (vs.648MHz standard)

PSU - Corsair TX850W

Mem - Patriot Memory 1333 Viper Series DDR3 12GB (6x2GB)

Mouse - Razer Death Adder

Keyboard - Razer Lycosa

lol what? nah static shock during installation did not happen. im very careful of that. ive built 2 pcs prior to this one. just not sure whats going on this time.

and i understand why nobody wants to touch this thread, it could be anything. any little bit of help is appreciated regardless. thx

i wanna test to see if my mobo is bad. to do this it will help to disconnect any unneeded hardware. what is the bare minimum i need to boot just the mobo in the case that its another failing component causing the malfunction?

I'd say a bare minimum consists of CPU + CPU cooling and one stick of RAM. Why don't you try that setup and post back what you discover?

-Zelgadis85

problem exists at mobo. located at bottom right portion. System pannel connector (20 - 8 pin PANEL). Consists of

System power LED (2-pin PLED)

Hard disk drive activity LED (2-pin IDE_LED)

System warning speaker (4-pin SPEAKER)

ATX power button /soft off button (2-pin PWRSW)

Reset Button (2-pin RESET)

All are non responsive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back