TechSpot

Need help w/ Hacktool Rookit

By bigkatnyc
Sep 18, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all. First time poster having some issues removing an instance of hacktool rootkit. I've read a few previous postings regarding hacktool but have been unsuccessful in my attempts to remove it. I am attaching my HJT log. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. SpiritWind

SpiritWind Newcomer, in training Posts: 164

Hacktool Rootkit !?

Hi :

I assume your Rootkit Revealer Scan implied you have Hacktool rootkit !? If True,
    I recommend you try the FREE program at
    http://users.telenet.be/marcvn/tools/haxfix.exe .

IF this program does NOT resolve the "problem", I recommend you ask for help
    from the Expert Volunteers that staff the "Rootkit Revelations" sub-forum at
    www.castlecops.com .

I noticed in your HijackThis log an outdated Adobe program, a security risk and
    recommend you either get the latest version or uninstall the program .

Also noticed a way-out-of-date Java program from Sun; Best to ONLY have their
    latest, so I recommend you uninstall ALL "Versions" you have of this program,
    then get their latest at www.java.com .

You MAY have other outdated programs, so I recommend you run the FREE
    Online Scanner at http://secunia.com/software_inspector and follow its
    Recommendations .
  3. rf6647

rf6647 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 931

Bump for a One-post wonderment?
    Reply should follow Execution of Malware Removal

Suspicious entries.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Fxhpikbj] C:\WINDOWS\system32\meioopjb.exe
    O23 - Service: Rkszcssp - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\meioopjb.exe

Unknown / related to antiroot revealer ??

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{5B140CAC-4C9A-4E34-AABF-62AB277AA7B1}: NameServer = 138.69.21.83,138.69.21.71

O23 - Service: VAWSRZ - Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com - C:\DOCUME~1\jbonacci\LOCALS~1\Temp\VAWSRZ.exe
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.