Need help, where to get spare front panel power switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to go to computer shop and buy. The computer shop must be able to build a computer or either selling specific parts of computers.

As there's a lot of computer shops which only sell the computers, not the spare parts.

Don't give up so quickly. I've bought similar items from mycableshop.com. For a front bezel cable kit that includes the switch and wire you want click here. Or click here for a reset switch that also can be used for a power switch. Your choice.

Hi wallabing,

I don't know where you could buy a direct replacement "front panel power switch". however, there is nothing special about the switch itself. it's just a simple momentary SPST switch.

• if your case has a reset button, then you can simply disconnect the power button connector and plug in the reset button connector in it's place. (this will obviously disable the former use of the reset button).

• if your case does not have a reset button, then you could goto a store like radioshack and buy a standard pushbutton SPST switch like this one. then simply drill a hole in an empty drive bay cover and mount your switch.

good luck :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back