Need help will give all info as I can

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneVr6

I am in need of a SATA cable to connect my PC to another SATA drive. My problem is that i dont know if my computer has another SATA controller built in for it as the primary hdd needs to be running as well so i cant unplug it. My system specs are located on this site and more here: http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/dell-inspiron-530-desktop/4507-3118_7-32486100.html?tag=mncol;psum

On the link i posted, it says:

Storage Controller
Type 1 x Serial ATA - Integrated Controller interface type Serial ATA-300 Storage controller interface channel qty 4 RAID level RAID 1

I dont know if this means that i have 4 SATA Controllers or i need to go and buy one.

Can someone point me in the right direction here? I will provide more information if needed. (also i am running vista home premium so if i need to buy a sata controller it needs to be compatible..) Thanks in advance for any help.

Need help will give all info as i can
Not the best Title I've seen !

So everyone needs to open your thread to find out What help? (It's in the "Storage & Networking" forum, so maybe Virus?

Oh Hardware!

Yes it already has extra Sata ports

I posted it in the Storage and Networking because storage involves Serial ATA drives, which led to my question of connecting two STORAGE devices via Serial ATA. I don't see how storage or networks have anything to do with a virus unless its not your network but i guess Hardware would have been better choice regardless. Thanks man now i know i dont have to buy a SATA controller which saves me some cash.

I agree (not a virus)
Not sure what happened there, lets just say after that I slept for 6Hrs

Yes Storage and Networking would be right. (Actually I shouldn't have given an example, I just wanted to make an example of poor Titles, and then I gave a poor answer!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back