Need help with Acronis True Image settings

Jskid

I found that doing an incremental backup every week is over kill. I tried adding a bunch of stuff to the exclusion list but there's so much junk I don't want to backup and don't even know where it is, I mean why backup the browsers' cache? Is there any way to select certain files to backup on a regular basis in True Image 2013? For example I would like to have my journal.docx file backed up every week.

If you just want to back up certain files and not a bootable system, you can use a simple tool like AllwaySync
http://allwaysync.com/

It’s free for private use, though that only allows limited amounts of data. The pro version has no such limit.

One approach would be to do a full backup with Acronis every month and backup of your data files once a week in between.

Try the differential option over incremental - - it captures only changes since the last full backup resulting in a set of recover CDs of the full backup + only the last differential.

I second the nomination by bobcat for AllwaySync. I used that for migrating my files from XP to Win/7.

Back