TechSpot

Need help with Acronis True Image settings

By Jskid
Apr 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I found that doing an incremental backup every week is over kill. I tried adding a bunch of stuff to the exclusion list but there's so much junk I don't want to backup and don't even know where it is, I mean why backup the browsers' cache? Is there any way to select certain files to backup on a regular basis in True Image 2013? For example I would like to have my journal.docx file backed up every week.

2. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

If you just want to back up certain files and not a bootable system, you can use a simple tool like AllwaySync
    http://allwaysync.com/

It’s free for private use, though that only allows limited amounts of data. The pro version has no such limit.

One approach would be to do a full backup with Acronis every month and backup of your data files once a week in between.

3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,474   +329

Try the differential option over incremental - - it captures only changes since the last full backup resulting in a set of recover CDs of the full backup + only the last differential.

I second the nomination by bobcat for AllwaySync. I used that for migrating my files from XP to Win/7.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support TS Rookie

Jskid likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.