Need help with Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sick Mosh

My computer has started to randomly get the blue screen of death. Sometimes I get it a second after windows loads. Sometimes I get it about 5-10 minutes after windows loads. Sometimes I can run windows for about 1-2 hours before I get it. Also, upon restarting my computer after getting this message, my computer sometimes freezes up after.

I was running service pack 3 with all the updates.

I brought my computer back to factory settings hoping to fix this issue. It worked fine for a day then it started up all over again. (I used F10 and not a restore disk)

Here are the messages I generally get:

Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal
Page Fault In Non Pages Area

Alternates between these two errors.

I read former posts about these problems on these boards and heard it could be a problem with my RAM?

I downloaded Memory Tests and it didn't say I had any problems.

Also, my computer runs fine on SAFE MODE with networking.

HP Pavilion a640n
Windows XP
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor
3400+
2.19 ghz
512 mb ram
160gig ultra dma hard drive Samsung SP1604n

If anyone can help me it would be appreciated =)

UPDATE:
I finally found out what was causing my blue screen of death errors so I will post what my problem was for anyone else that might be experiencing the same errors:

* Right click on my computer
* Click on properties
* Click on hardware
* Click on device manager

Disable all drivers except for the video adapter and network card

Restart computer and see if windows boots normaly

Mine did.

Enable a driver one by one while restarting the computer to find out which driver is giving you the problem.

The driver that was giving me the problem was my processor driver:
AMD Athlon(TM) 64 Processor 3400+

Once I disabled this driver Windows would boot normally without any problems.

So here is my new question:

What are the side affects of having this driver disabled???

You are off to a good start by getting Memtest.
Did you let it run all 8 tests at least 7 passes?

If no memory errors present, my next guess would be a hard drive error.
Have you run CheckDisk? (chkdsk)

If this comes up clean, you may need to download utilities from the company that made your hard drive. Some tools are pretty good in many brands, but the tools from your hard drive maker will likely be best for your drive.

A third diagnostic tool available at this point would be your minidump files.
Go to Microsofts Download, and look for WinDbg. You will need the version and symbols appropriate for your operating system and SP#. You will also need to configure WinDbg to find your symbol library.

To get further assistance...
You may want to post your OS and SP,
and other pertinent data about your system.
(Processor, Speed, Hard Drive, Ram, etc)
These will be helpful for providing more specific advice,
instead of merely plain "vanilla" strategies.

But this is a place to start.

I don't do the minidumps, but the Event Viewer can be a good source of additional information:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error corresponding to the time of the BSOD. Events are time coded.
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)
You can ignore Warnings and Information Events. you do not need to include the lines of code-if any-in the box below the Description.

The above path is for Windows XP
For Vista, see http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Monitoring-Event-Logs-Windows-Vista.html

I could post the specs for it if needed.
It's always a good idea to give 'at least' the RAM and the OS.

update:

Thanks for responding guys. I'll post the specs:

Windows XP
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor
3400+
2.19 ghz
512 mb ram
160gig ultra dma hard drive Samsung SP1604n

I'll try to do everything you guys mentioned already and will post the results tomorrow.

Okay, the RAM is OK if it's good. Use the Event Viewer as I outlined for Windows XP.

Ok theres a few errors. I'll post them here:

APPLICATION ERRORS:

Source: VSS

Event Type: Error
Event Source: VSS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 8193
Date: 4/8/2009
Time: 6:36:28 PM
User: N/A
Computer: RONIN
Description:
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040206.

Data:
0000: 57 52 54 57 52 54 49 43 WRTWRTIC
0008: 32 31 31 33 00 00 00 00 2113....
0010: 57 52 54 57 52 54 49 43 WRTWRTIC
0018: 32 30 37 38 00 00 00 00 2078....

*******************************************************************************************
Source: EventSystem

Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (50)
Event ID: 4609
Time: 6:36:28 PM
Description:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of d:\nt_qxp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.

*******************************************************************************************

SYSTEM ERRORS:

Source: Service Control Manager

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7000
Date: 4/9/2009
Time: 9:40:53 AM
Description:
The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Source: DCOM

Event Source: DCOM
Event ID: 10005
Date: 4/9/2009
Time: 9:36:49 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

Source: Side By Side

Event Source: SideBySide
Event ID: 59
Time: 6:56:17 PM
Description:
Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\HouseCall 6.6\MFC80U.DLL. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

Description:
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Event ID: 32
Description:
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7026
Time: 6:38:01 PM
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AmdK8
Fips

Okay, thank you- you set the events up nicely. But you did not tell me which corresponded to the error messages you're getting. Another consideration is reading Events that happened while in Safe Mode a somewhat misleading, simply because they don't start in Safe Mode- like DCOM,
Hopefully I'm not confusing you too much below. I put the Events in date and time sequence.

Source: VSS
Event Source: VSS Event ID: 8193 Date: 4/8/2009 Time: 6:36:28 PM Description:
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040206
Make sure the Volume Shadow Copy Services is set to at least Manual Startup type:
Start> Run> services,msc> double click on Volume SC> change Startup type to Manual> Reboot the computer.

Source: Side By Side> The component or manifest depends on another program or component that is not installed.
1. Date: 4/8/2009 Time: 6:56:17 PM, Description: Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\HouseCall 6.6\MFC80U.DLL. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully
Housecall is on startup but a file is missing. MFC80U.dll belongs to Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005
A. Check the requirements for MS Visual Studio 2005 here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms950416.aspx
B. Or take Housecall off of Startup/
2. Date: 4/8/2009 Time: 6:56:17 PM Description:
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
This problem occurs because the run-time libraries are not installed on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The applications that use side-by-side libraries cannot run without the run-time libraries.

Date: 4/8/2009 Time: 6:56:17 PM Description Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
This problem occurs because the run-time libraries are not installed on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The applications that use side-by-side libraries cannot run without the run-time libraries.

Side by side Error s almost always have an Error Event 32 in addition to Event #59.

See information and requirement for RunTime Libraries here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/abx4dbyh(VS.80).aspx

Event ID: 7026 Date: 4/8/2009 Time: 6:38:01 PM Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: AmdK8, Fips
FIPS is a partitioning utility usually used on Linux.> were you in Safe Mode?
Event ID: 7000 Date: 4/9/2009 Time: 9:40:53 AM
Description: The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
This is usually related to Quicken,specifically the background download service.

Source: DCOM> Event ID: 10005> "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode"> ignore.
Date: 4/9/2009 Time: 9:36:49 AM

Look them over and get back to me.

Source CSS:
---> I checked in Services.MSC & startup was already on manual

Source: Side By Side:
---> No idea how to take this off on start up. I did not see it listed?
---> No idea what to do regarding Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC

Yeah I was in safe mode for the last two.

You have HouseCall 6.6 somewhere on the system. It is starting but missing a file so is causing the sidebyside error.

Find Housecall on the Startup menu and uncheck it.
Open The Housecall program. Look at the options. If there is one for startup, uncheck it.

No idea what to do regarding Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC

Side by side Error s almost always have an Error Event 32 in addition to Event #59.

See information and requirement for RunTime Libraries here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...yh(VS.80).aspx

You appear to be missing the Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 and current RunTime Libraries. I left links.

I finally found out what was causing my blue screen of death errors so I will post what my problem was for anyone else that might be experiencing the same errors:

* Right click on my computer
* Click on properties
* Click on hardware
* Click on device manager

Disable all drivers except for the video adapter and network card

Restart computer and see if windows boots normaly

Mine did.

Enable a driver one by one while restarting the computer to find out which driver is giving you the problem.

bump.

You started this thread 04-08-2009

B00kWyrm suggested running the memtest.
Over the next three days, I worked with you to resolve the Event Errors.
Nothing was heard from you after 4/11 until 6/1 , when you asked about the consequences of having the driver disabled.

6 hours later, you bumped the question. due to impatience.

Suggest you look for the answer starting here:
http://www.google.com/search?q=disa...ent-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-27,GGGL:en

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back