Need help with buying wireless adapters

Bisley

So I've been out of the loop for a while on wireless adapters. Could you guys make a suggestion on the type I should buy that is considered cheap(er), but effective for the price. I mostly play games and stream games. So I want something that will give me the necessary mbps to do so.

I've noticed most adapters are USB now, how do these compare to PCI and PCI-Express?

Well if you are gaming a lot you'd need a high powered one so a bad wireless connection doesn't lag or cut out

This one is very powerful and has a very large antenna
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833281002

This one is cheaper, but not as powerful but still really good:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833281001

I would also recommend netgear, however the windows 8 support is iffy but the two amped wireless ones would definitely work in windows 8 and the company has outright said they work.

Seems like a good one but I don't know how good rosewill is....

and yes 300Mbps is worth it.

the brands I've mostly used are amped wireless,netgear, and linksys and I've had the best with amped wireless and netgear, but netgear has iffy windows 8 support :(

All of this is well and good, but we'd need to know what kind of wireless router you have.

The amped would give you more coverage but it costs more then the rosewill you picked out.. and for gaming having a weak signal can kill yah :( so it all depends on what's more important.... saving money or not getting killed in the game.... LOL...

Hmm, that first link - USB N300 adapter - is pretty damn expensive. I'm pretty sure you can get a PCI card for less.

IMO the PCI cards are better. I don't have any facts really, but USB can be a bit hit-n-miss sometimes.

The average USB adapter price is like 30-45 bucks though....

but the cards are harder to mess with.... :(

Ya I've been having a bit of trouble with cards. its all I've used since early 2000s (tried a USB adapter then, was shitty). I'll try the Rosewill and see how it goes. The one I was using was weaker than the Rosewill and I could play/stream games at the same time, so hopefully this one can produce the same strength in signal. If it doesn't do well, I'll return it and try an Amped one out. Thanks for the help guys.

Back