Need help with changing AHCI to IDE on DXP061

Hi, i'm want to change my Windows Vista installation to Windows XP, but every time i start the Windows XP CD a BSOD comes up at "Setup is starting windows"!
I've read that you need to change something in the BIOS to IDE instead of AHCI, but i can't find the setting.

I'm using "Dell System DXP061", or atleast it says that at the top in the BIOS.

Please, i need help with this fast.

Dell lists 12 computers when you search for DXP061... Among them:
...Dimension 9150 DXP051 Dimension 9200 DXP061 Dimension 9200c DXC061 Dimension...DXC061 XPS 400 DXP051 XPS 410 DXP061 XPS 600 DXG051 XPS 700 DXG061...
among others
You download and upgrade the BIOS in each machine by using the Service Tag Number. Don't know whay you would need to worry about AHCI vs IDE... Allt those unist use SATA... Upgrade the BIOS and allow things to take care of themselves.

Sounds like you need to load the SATA driver prior to install XP on the drive. The Dell has a Intel chipset? Probably want to take a look at Intel® Rapid Storage Technology F6 Driver Diskettes. It should come w/ instruction on how to create disk w/ the drivers.

The alternative is download the drivers then slipstream that w/ the XP install files and create a new XP installation disc.

?

I have no idea how to do any of that, my har drives are empty (No operating system), and nothing else works? Any toturial that could help, and btw, i have no more leads than DXP061, cause that's the only information i get.

EDIT: I didn't see that before but, how do i do the "slipstream that w/ the XP install files and create a new XP installation disc." I have a program that's called nLite, could that help me?

Yes, nLite would work. I've only used it to incorporate service packs not drivers, but I've read that people used it to include drivers.

Guide on slipstreaming SATA driver:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/72185-sata-drivers-slipstream-into-windows-xp-cd.html

I think the 32bit version of the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology is what you need.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng

Chipsets > Chipset Software > Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology

Then it'll be the first one on the list: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology F6 Driver Diskettes

Back