Need help with choosing Powerline product

Atham

Hello there,

my dad wants to make a little studio in the basement, set up his hammond organ, laptop and etc... But the problem is that he cannot access the internet.

Wired connection is out of option, as well as wireless - I can't get a signal. I watched a video of NCIX Tech tips, and found out that a powerline would be something for me.

I need to know if I can get a working power-line. I would need to know if my router supports it, and I would need to know the product.

I will shop via www.heureka.sk

Specs:

Router: Draytek Vigor 2700 ADSL2/2+
Laptop: HP Elitebook 8730W

Thanks

I need to know if I can get a working power-line. I would need to know if my router supports it, and I would need to know the product.
sure it will - - it acts similar to a switch
I will shop via www.heureka.sk
Bratislava, Slovakia
These are impediments for our replies as
a) we're on domestic 120vac 1phase and your on some 240vac
b) your shopping site / country of origin make it hard to recommend a device that
you can easily purchase.

Here's a link for some available in the U.S.
and you might be able to search your shopping site for at least these brand names.

that's a good choice - - I've always had good service from Netgear.

Typical bandwidth is closer to 54mpbs (ie: G mode WiFi), but regardless,
that is about as good as it gets.

be sure to get a device for your local A/C system - - the one shown is for 120vac

Solwise are a good budget choice.

However, for performance you might want to stick with the first product you mentioned, the NetGear plugs. All depends on your budget of course.

There's a good comparison here of the Belkin Powerline AV kit and the NetGear, which wins an award on this site.

Check out the review here, shows the difference in performance between the Belkin and NetGear... hope that's of help.

Back