TechSpot

Need help with dell desktop - wont power up

By lmphale
Sep 22, 2009
  1. Hi I need help with my dell desktop. The power button is blinking amber and wont -when pressed -turn green and boot up the computer The unit has been shut down -completely shut off - no power to the pc. When power plug is restored power button resumes blinking amber and does not respond when pressed to boot up unit. All of my daughters financial stuff for college is on this thing and I am out of work Need help please

2. Nza

Nza TS Rookie

You may have to open up the tower and check the wiring connectivity behind the shell (Tower container removed). If not advise Dell under warranty and tell them your unit is faulty.

As for your onboard data you can always take your tower to a data restore shop where they can save to an external store.

3. Jawshh

Jawshh TS Enthusiast Posts: 392

Unplug all power connectors then press on the power button for at least 10 secs. Open the case and do these things http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial118.html#cleaning . You might want to give us additional info about the system specs. And, remove the round battery found on the motherboard then put it back after 30 secs.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.