Need help with Diablo II Lan setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my gf have two laptops and are trying to play diablo 2 with (exp) over a lan. i setup a network. its all wireless and what happens is we start the game after we set up the network goto the tcp/ip thing in game and i host and give her my IP and she joins but nothing happens. i turned off fire wall's and we are usen vista.

we dont have the same CD key.

The Cd key doesnt matter when your playing Diablo II Lan. Me and my bro were doing it a few seconds ago :p anyway....

Make sure that both versions of the game are the same. to check this, go to the main page and the version will be in one of the corners. it will say something like 'V 1.0123' or something. If they arnt the same, just patch the lower one.

Another problem might be one of the computers firewalls blocking the connection, when you start the game and have created the session, go back to the desktop (Alt + Tab) and see if there's a pop-up asking for permission to allow the connection.

You could always try hosting on the other machine. And then you join from the original host computer. That is sometimes what's needed.

They are just a few ideas. If thats not it, you could reinstall and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back