TechSpot

Need help with Gateway laptop drivers

By jerstrike
Apr 4, 2008
  1. Hello everyone, i'm looking for windows XP drivers for my Gateway M-6309, i've been looking in many forums even here but i didn't find em. it'll be great if i find these drivers 'cause i don't like vista.

greetings from Monterrey Méx.

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,093   +86 Staff Member

Check Gateway's site, if there aren't drivers there contact Gateway.

Some of the newer laptops being shipped are only supported with Windows Vista, and thus, only Windows Vista drivers are available via the manufacturer.

3. jerstrike

jerstrike TS Rookie Topic Starter

I already checked at the site, but as you say, they only manage vista drivers and i didn't find XP support, i want to find out if there's a minimal chance to downgrade it to XP as i did with a W340UI

thanx anyway

4. jerstrike

jerstrike TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanx x the help anyway, i got almost all the drivers, except the SMBus driver, for the model Gateway M-6309, it works fats with XP pro, if anyone need drivers for this lap, post it, and i'll do post the links

salu2

5. alberto77

alberto77 TS Rookie

Regards to all

Is the opportunity to share info with all the people that are part of this special site..

thanks and regards

Alberto77

6. alberto77

alberto77 TS Rookie

Drivers

Jerstrike.....I got this laptop and I would like to get these drivers for work with Xp..... please let me know how i can get it....

regards

alberto77

7. putnik

putnik TS Rookie

If you have drivers for XP pro, I would be glad to live it here!
    Thanks

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.