Need help with Heur virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and I hope you all can help me. I have Kapersky anti virus installed. Last night I noticed my computer was running very slowly and also that my automatic updates was being detected as Off even tho it was set to On. I did a scan and I have the heur virus. The Kapersky scan will detect it but I cannot delete the virus. I also tried downloading the lates version of IE 7.0 but that will not work, since the download will not complete becuase my automatic updates is not set to On (but the screen says it is on).

Any ideas on how I can get rid of this?

Thanks Bill

Thanks Bill. Another quick question. The virus is on my home computer which I really just use to read the news and my son does some children type things on it. All this means is that the files I have on here are not critical.

Question-Would a System restore to a date prior to the virus resolve this?

Thanks agian for all your help.

A bit of a loaded questions, as there are no ways of knowing exactly what type of virus/spyware/malware you have. First gut impression based on experience I would say not worth the time and effort to do a restore. Hard telling what other things that may have been included on your OS that may not be there after the restore. Typically (which these days what is that? ) I would suggest you go through the 8-step process and go on from there.
Good luck.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back