Need help with LCD screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdanielxx

hey I am working on a buddies laptop. He has this problem where the screen is very

dim the image comes on but is very faint. He bought a new inverter which did not fix

the problem so we tried to connect a new backlight to the inverter which also did not

fix the problem also we got a new lcd cable which also did not fix the problem should

we just get a new screen or is it a problem with the motherboard. Thanks

thats what i thought i got the lcd coming threw ebay. Hey there is this person i know

neighbor he asked if i could look at his laptop his screen gets scrambled. When i

turned the wireless card off from the switch the lcd comes back to normal so i thought ok it

is the wireless card but know it does it with out the card. It works fine on the external

display also if it starts to do it and i connect it to the external it comes back to normal. Is it

the screen or can it be a lcd cable/inverter. thanks

well i tried this

reset the lcd cable on both the lcd and the mobo

reset the inverter cable

applied new compound on the cpu

check if all fans are working

As I said above it actually fixes the screen

when it has this problem i just connect it and out of nowhere the screen works perfect. I've tested all the hardware Ram, Hdd & Mobo all is working fine

Hey there is this person i know

neighbor he asked if i could look at his laptop his screen gets scrambled. When i

turned the wireless card off from the switch the lcd comes back to normal so i thought ok it

is the wireless card but know it does it with out the card. It works fine on the external

display also if it starts to do it and i connect it to the external it comes back to normal. Is it

the screen or can it be a lcd cable/inverter. thanks

below are links to some pictures of what happens this is while I was running memtest

Normal
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/2461/memtestcu5.jpg

Scrambled
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6850/memtest2cw4.jpg

Hey one more thing if I turn the wireless card on from the switch the screen turns

the way it looks on the picture but when I turn it off it goes rainbow colors then if I

wait it goes back to normal.

hey if anyone has the problem with the screen being scrambled it was due to the circuit board on the lcd screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back