TechSpot

Need Help with Linksys connection problem

By Joshua R.
Aug 16, 2007
  1. I need help with connecting my linksys wmp54gs to my wrt54g router. I have had the connection established for a couple months but then i upgraded my motherboard, ram, and cpu, which intern forced my to reinstall the drivers. When I reinstalled the drivers, I was able to connect the network but not the internet. I do not have any wireless security enabled, and I turned off my anti-virus to see if that was the problem. I also tried just installing the driver and not the network monitor. I cannot ping the router at 192.168.1.1 nor can I ping any sites on the internet. I also tried to set a static ip, but it only produced the same results. I did the network troubleshooter in Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 and it said I cannot connect with the dhcp server. The server is turned on in the router. The other computers in my house can connect to the internet, one wireless, and one hardwired. I have the latest drivers and firmware installed in both the router and the adapter. Before I did the upgrade I could connect fine but the connection would be dropped and then reconnect instantly. I am now at the point where I am considering buying a new adapter. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank You

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.