Need help with malware removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

floodgate59

i am currently infected with trojan:virus windows/system32.

i have tried to follow the instructions posted in the 8 step help thread. however, when I try to download either malwarebytes anti malware or super anti-malware free addition my computer either tells me the program has stopped working...or i go to the blue crash dump screen. i have tried saving the antivirus software and opening it in safe mode, but the message always comes up and the program has stopped working.

i was able to download the recent version of java and have a complete scan done by Hijackthis...i didnt remove anything...only did the scan.

i have been working on this problem for two days straight now and i need whatever help i can get please

floodgate59

Hello floodgate59

Please download Combofix:
http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

And save to the desktop.

Close all other browser windows.

Double-click on the combofix icon found on your desktop.

Please note, that once you start combofix you should not click anywhere on the combofix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when combofix is running, do not touch your computer at all and just take a break as it may take a while for it to complete.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back