TechSpot

Need help with my new Motherboard

By brocklesnarf5ww
Sep 18, 2007
  1. I bought a new Intel DQ965GF Motherboard http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/dq965gf/index.htm
    it has a built in Audio/Graphics and LAN cards
    I installed all the drivers from the CD including the LAN which creates a Local Area Connection
    the problem is when i connect the router(D-Link), the "ADSL :Link/Act" light works the first time only.. and after i turn off the computer and turn it on again that light keeps going off and on off and on ... and it says i'm connected .... but no i cant use the internet

i tried an external lan card but still the same problem, and tried more than a copy of win xp but still the same problem

and the router works on my old pc fine

sorry if i couldnt explain the problem well because my english is not that good, but does anybody know whats the problem ?

2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Well the light is suppose to blink when its active, your problem isnt a hardware issue I dont think. I think its a setup issue through your OS/

3. brocklesnarf5ww

brocklesnarf5ww TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeah it is supposed to blink quickly but it blink slowly
    yeah i guess its not a hardware problem too but i still need a solution :(

4. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Your english is easier to understand that many on here.:)

Are you able to get to the settings on your router?

5. brocklesnarf5ww

which settings ? settings i get when i go to "http://192.168......." ?

6. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Yes, you need to see if there is a restriction on the ip ranges and then see if your network card's ip is within that range.

Hope that makes sense, im no expert with networking, i only know a little of the basics.

7. brocklesnarf5ww

nope :( everything is fine with the router settings and lan card

i noticed something
    when i shut down the computer and start it again the internet and router dont work, but when i shut down the computer and disconnect it from the electricity and then connect it and start it again, the internet and router work , whats up with that?

there is something in the motherboard setup about Boot from LAN or something, can the problem be in that?

8. Exonimus

Exonimus TS Rookie Posts: 77

You might want to check your bios and see if you find anything strange. It's not probable, but you can always have a look.

The boot from LAN should have absolutely nothing to do with it. This setting makes certain computers(with some other settings enabled) able to boot up when a signal from another pc is given through the LAN. So I can't imagine it has anything to do with you not getting a connection.

9. sashquash

sashquash TS Rookie

try downloading the latest softwares for your hardware and update your system too

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.