Need help with my new Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new Intel DQ965GF Motherboard http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/dq965gf/index.htm
it has a built in Audio/Graphics and LAN cards
I installed all the drivers from the CD including the LAN which creates a Local Area Connection
the problem is when i connect the router(D-Link), the "ADSL :Link/Act" light works the first time only.. and after i turn off the computer and turn it on again that light keeps going off and on off and on ... and it says i'm connected .... but no i cant use the internet

i tried an external lan card but still the same problem, and tried more than a copy of win xp but still the same problem

and the router works on my old pc fine

sorry if i couldnt explain the problem well because my english is not that good, but does anybody know whats the problem ?

Well the light is suppose to blink when its active, your problem isnt a hardware issue I dont think. I think its a setup issue through your OS/

Your english is easier to understand that many on here.:)

Are you able to get to the settings on your router?

Yes, you need to see if there is a restriction on the ip ranges and then see if your network card's ip is within that range.

Hope that makes sense, im no expert with networking, i only know a little of the basics.

nope :( everything is fine with the router settings and lan card

i noticed something
when i shut down the computer and start it again the internet and router dont work, but when i shut down the computer and disconnect it from the electricity and then connect it and start it again, the internet and router work , whats up with that?

there is something in the motherboard setup about Boot from LAN or something, can the problem be in that?

You might want to check your bios and see if you find anything strange. It's not probable, but you can always have a look.

The boot from LAN should have absolutely nothing to do with it. This setting makes certain computers(with some other settings enabled) able to boot up when a signal from another pc is given through the LAN. So I can't imagine it has anything to do with you not getting a connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back