Need help with password recovery

Dantrag

Hi

I used axcrypt on some files ages ago and have forgotten the password. I sort of know what the password is but not sure how I precisely phrased it. I would like to brute force it with a dictionary (one where I can add the characters I know are in it). But I have no idea what software to use for it and how to go about it. While they arn't critical files It would be nice to have them back... Anyone have any ideas?

[Edit]
The password structure is about 36 characters long (34 if space isnt counted as one). It's a full URL followed by some random letters and numbers followed by 2-3 numbers [0(0)1/0(0)2/0(0)3], not sure if the last number set is 2 or 3 digits long and what one (Encrypted them in layers according to folder structure)

[/Edit]

If there was any software available that would allow you to crack the password on encrypted files it would be against this forums rules to even hint at where to find it.

Basically if you have lost the password you have lost access to the files, sorry I cannot help with this problem.

I was afraid of that. I know it's possible and there are certain tools for it, although the information could be used for more sinister ends... Guess I'll need to dig deeper for less reputable sites. Thanks anyway

Back