Need help with PC build

So instead of buying a gaming pc I have decided I would make one so it was cheaper. As I started I looked up many videos because I don't know all to much on PC builds. When I put everything into pcpartpicker.com it shows my max wattage is 397W and I have a feeling that is wrong but since I don't know much about gaming pc's I can't really say. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/NrjvWX That's the link to the build I have can you see if I should change some things to make it better. (going higher in prices isn't a big deal either)

The wattage seems about right honestly. Of course, you never get a PSU just to cover that estimated amount, you want to have some headroom available should you need it. The 650W PSU you picked is a good choice in terms of size. With that said, the rest of the build looks fine, and will be a nice performer in modern games for the next couple years. I don't see anything that really jumps out at me that would need to be changed, so unless you want to make it cheaper, I think you're good to go.

If you are not going to overclock forget the water cooler and maybe get a WD Black drive instead of Blue. But otherwise looks good.

Everything seems fine. The wattage of 397 looks adequate, so look for 400 watts or more. The CPU is close to 100 W and vid card is close to 200 W so you have a solid need for 300W. MB might draw 50-60 watts, if that. Everything else has a low power draw that amounts to rounding error, or chump change.

Back