TechSpot

Need help with restoring computer from backup

By Sound Man
Jan 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi

Three days ago my,2012 HP Windows 7 Laptop starting acting up doing the ghost thing on certain programs(Microsoft office 2010 Excel). It would allow me to open the program but then would say not responding.

After a few attempts on restarting the computer, I gave up and fully backed up the HP Laptop & restored the computer to factory settings.After three more attempts the computer seems stable now and loaded everything from my backup again.

I never did the recovery disc when I bought the machine 6 months ago,also have never done a system restore from external hard-drive either.

I'm very angry after the restore because my files/programs aren't in the factory locations. Does anyone make a program to reinstall all my programs with serial numbers(Photoshop) or my I-tunes library etc.

How have other members made this process easy with getting all the files back into there locations and finding serial numbers.

Also, after everything is fixed do I delete the backup from my external HD?? Everything has been copied into my laptop again right?

I'm just a Newbie computer person looking for some help please

thanks

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.