Need Help With Sims 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizarretragedy

Hi Well my brothers friends dad recentley restarted my pc to get rid of vista with his windows xp pro cd scince then my pc has not detected my video card and my audio is not working ( sorry you've probably been asked a thousand times ) my i dont really know what to do.

When I Start It Up It Comes Up With "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."
Would Me Very Grateful for any advice

:)

Hi bizarretragedy :wave:

Please put your System Specs in your Profile
If your computer is a proprietory computer (like Dell; HP; etc..) plese write those details in the mobo field

This will enable me to locate your Audio and Video drivers

Also please avoid writing in bold, as it is harder to read. :)

Thank-you bizarretragedy,

But your mobo "ECS" has not got enough detail (ie ecs made several motherboards)

Do you have a model number? or any other descriptive information ?

Hmm

Hp have provided warranty support on your Vista machine.

I'm thinking go Vista (no sarcasm - it's just that you may as well get use to it)

You do have the recovery DVD? If not you can contact HP (on their contact page) and request a new one (they are usually very cheap - as you already have the licence key)

That's what I do!

You actually might have a Recovery Partition (actually it's likely you do)

When you first turn on the computer you should notice a prompt to start the recovery.

Actually, hang on. Installing Windows Xp you may have erased the prompt (the partition is probably still there though)

I feel you need to contact HP still. And request a new recovery DVD (~$20->$40 or so)

Sorry but do you know how i start it up just in the normal way or do i have to boot the computer up with the disc??
Thank You Very Much :)

Actually now I'm not following you.

To install the Recovery DVD, you must start your computer with the Recovery DVD in the drive.

To start Windows (presently Xp) just start

To start recovery from the hidden partition, contact HP (as this partition is either gone, or the prompt is gone, from installing Xp)

I hope that helps :)

I'm glad to have helped you

Please reply back here (on the same thread) when you receive more guidance from HP

I went to pc world and they gave me the recovery disc, but i cant install windows from it so what should i do i have tried multiple times.

What actually happens?

You need to set the bios so CD/DVD is the first bootable drive
By pressing the key (DEL or wahatever the key is) when starting the computer
Then go to boot sequence
And make CD/DVD first; and Hard DRive second
Save and exit

i've done that and now on vista but when i try to load sims 2 it still comes up with that message i have a ,,

Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Controller 0 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

Thank You : )

? Confused

:confused:

The Thing Is It's Still Coming Up With That Message I Have A
Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Controller 0 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

So What Do You Think I Should Do ?

Thanks For Helping :)

Here's a good start (other than Driver updates ofcourse)

SG31** Series (your computer)

Clearing the BIOS settings:
Make sure the computer is off
(Cord out, and disperse all internal voltage by pressing the On button)

This motherboard has jumpers to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS.
c01237577.jpg

Temporarily set jumper CLR_CMOS_HP to pins 2-3.
c01237578.jpg

Wait 5-10 seconds and then return the jumper to pins 1-2.

When you startup the PC you will need to enter BIOS setup (F1 or ESC) to reset any custom BIOS settings.

Hi
I cant access that because all my drivers are in one silver box which you cant open :S
I have Updated My Profile.
:) Thannk you So Much For Your Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back