Need Help with The Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ummm, I hope you all dont mind in helping me. Many of you may not know of Garrys mod, Counter strike: Source etc. But It uses something called a source engine. Whenever I run one of these games it goes all small gets a error when I press ok everything gets multicoloured and I have to restart my computer to get rid of it. So I was wondering If you could help me.

Stuff i have is:

Intel(R) 82866G Graphics Controller
And also The error says something is wrong with my ialmrnt5.dll and I was wondering if there was a fix. If my graphics card is not good enough. Or if My graphics card hasnt
released its full potential. I need a answer A.S.A.P. Because I really want to play this game.

Main Driver:ialmrnt5

I am also sorry if this has already been solved I searched all the forums but I have not found the thread. If it has been solved could anyone be kind enough as to send the link to me or just answer it straight out.

Thanks in advance Really im a gamer i NEED this game. :p

I play Source-powered games all the time, I could probably help. Sounds to me like you may need to either update your drivers or install the latest version of the game. Steam usually updates all the games automatically which can do some weird stuff sometimes. You need at least a directX7 card to run the older Source games. You may need to upgrade if you find that nothing works or if you get it to work but it runs lousy. Check to see which version of directX you are running and if you have the latest version graphics drivers for your adapter.

Thanks Ill try running it now but if it doesnt work mind explaining the instructions to upgrading like does it cost money? etc etc Im not looking forward to paying for stuff. Thanks

Thanks Ill try running it now but if it doesnt work mind explaining the instructions to upgrading like does it cost money? etc etc Im not looking forward to paying for stuff. Thanks

lol, of course it's gonna cost you to upgrade. basically, you have to purchase a new graphics card online or at an electronics retailer, install it in your system, and then install the software (typically just drivers). you can find some good deals online so it's not like you would have to invest a ton.

You can go to like Best Buy, Circuit City or even Staples and check out their selection. Shouldn't have to spend over 150 for a decent one that can run Source games.

Be sure to check if you have a PCI-E (PCI Express) slot (long black slot) or an AGP one (small, brown\blue slot). This will affect the type of card you can use in your system. Also, make sure that your PSU (Power Supply Unit) is upto the task, or you may need to get a new one. Check the PSU sticker for a current rating on the +12V rail.
For PCI-E, I recommend the 8600GT, which needs 18A on the +12V rail(s).
For AGP, I recommend the 7600GS\GT, which needs the same amount of power as the 8600GT.

Hey ummm, I hope you all dont mind in helping me. Many of you may not know of Garrys mod, Counter strike: Source etc. But It uses something called a source engine. Whenever I run one of these games it goes all small gets a error when I press ok everything gets multicoloured and I have to restart my computer to get rid of it. So I was wondering If you could help me.

Stuff i have is:

Intel(R) 82866G Graphics Controller
And also The error says something is wrong with my ialmrnt5.dll and I was wondering if there was a fix. If my graphics card is not good enough. Or if My graphics card hasnt
released its full potential. I need a answer A.S.A.P. Because I really want to play this game.

Main Driver:ialmrnt5

I am also sorry if this has already been solved I searched all the forums but I have not found the thread. If it has been solved could anyone be kind enough as to send the link to me or just answer it straight out.

Thanks in advance Really im a gamer i NEED this game. :p
Getting a new computer compatible with all source games please close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back