Need Help with webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitech0101

I have an webcam QHM100LM from Quantum. I installed the driver from the cd they gave me
But the device still appears to be unknown in "universal serial bus controller" i tried updating by right clicking in "unknown device" but still it gives back a message unknown device.
I am using win xp sp 3.
The lights on the webcam do turn on.

Please Help

Thanks for replying .I don't know what to do now ? See these images

Attachments

• sad.JPG
    sad.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 5
  • verysad.JPG
    verysad.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 5
Ahhhh...

You don't have a driver issue (at least not yet). Rather, your problem is that Windows isn't receiving a Hardware ID from your web cam. (Windows first needs the Hardware IDs before it can go looking for drivers)

This problem may happen because:
1) Your web cam isn't working right (even if the light turns on)
2) There's a problem with the USB port

I'd try
> Try connecting the cam to different USB ports on your computer
> Also, you can try disconnecting all USB and then power cycling your computer then try plugging the web cam in again
> See if your web cam's Hardware ID is at least received and recognized on a different computer or not

It may just be time for a new web cam

> Try connecting the cam to different USB ports on your computer
> Also, you can try disconnecting all USB and then power cycling your computer then try plugging the web cam in again
> See if your web cam's Hardware ID is at least received and recognized on a different computer or not

I tried the first two options now i will try it on friend's PC if it doesn't work then maybe a new one.

Thanks for your help at least now i know that i can throw it away.
Thanks a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back