TechSpot

Need help Xbox crash

By Kaorichan2002
May 17, 2009
  1. my xbox will start but not load dash board... the error code is 16 and 21. I know that means the dashboard went kaput or something like that and is there any way to get a cd or something to get it back?
    Thanks

2. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07MSbQPYhFc"]Watch this video....[/ame]

3. Kaorichan2002

Kaorichan2002 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 88

The links don't work. Thanks for trying. If it helps the light flashes green and red when its on after the animation sequence.

4. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

Link works fine try again, type it in your browser instead imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=07MSbQPYhFc

The guy is voiding his warranty thou as he is taking it apart and modifying/fixing it, but the Xbox is old so I doubt it has one left as is.

5. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 373

The link for the Youtube video works, however, the links that the poster provides in order to get the "repair disk" doesn't work. I think they are looking for a recovery disk, a reinstall of dashboard after installing a new hard drive in the console.

6. Kaorichan2009

Kaorichan2009 TS Enthusiast Posts: 68

*another acct ftw* I forgot the password to the other one. Yes we need a recovery and repair disk... Any ideas if Microsoft still makes those? The old HDD failed anyway

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.