can some one help me!
i have a lap top {windows xp home}
IT KEEPS BOOTING UP
theres a blue screen but it doesn't stay up so that i can read the message
i try starting it in safe mode but no luck
i don't have the cd to repair windows
any help??

Tell us a lot more.
Brand and model of laptop. Service tag or other tags, if it has them.
Then your configuration for that laptop, and the age... how long it has been in use.
and how is it normally used... gamer, student, music, downloads? iPod?

Please explain what you mean by "...IT KEEPS BOOTING UP..." Do you mean it shuts down and reboots, or it boots up by itself when left alone.

Write down just one word at a time from the Blue screen uintil you get it all. That information can be critical.

You could have one or more of several different defects: An infestation of virus or spyware or trojan; failing hard drive; failing memory, inadequate memory, bad cpu fan, heat sink has inadequate or too much thermal paste, power adapter is failing, optical drive is failing.

Is there anything happening, or any routine you are in just before these failures occur? Do you have a reliable electrical connection? Do you have any large electrical device or applicance such as an air conditioner, refrigerator, freezer, or washing machine that is on the power line about the time this problem is going on?

Are you connected to the internet by cable or phone modem.

hello ray and thanks for your answer
i have a compaq presario m2000 windows xp home
amd sempron >>>>>>>>>>>>
it reboots after i turn it on and it doesn't stop booting up
i didn't down load anything i just turn off the computer and the next day it was acting up like if it had a mind of its own..lol
the blue screen reads 0x00000024 0x00190203 0x82b9a260 0xc0000102 0x000000000 i have no idea what those numbers all mean
thank you so much for all your help ray

Does it at least allow you to boot into Safe Mode? 0x24 errors indicate a probem with your NTFS system and it can be due to several things such as physical problems with your harddrive, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

If you can boot into safe mode do the following:

1. Run ChkDsk

2. If you can access the Internet download and run the free harddrive diagnostics utility from your harddrive manufacturer. This will take time to complete.

Some things I know about that model from servicing hundreds of them in our shop.
High failure rate motherboard.
High failure rate lcd inverter.
High failure hard drive by fujitsu or Hitachi..
cpu fan, begins to wobble, then the system suffers from resulting high heat.
Inadequate cooling channels, which become heavily clogged with pet hair and dust if you have a dog or cat.
A good cleaning would be the first course of action, using dust off or similar difluoroethane gas cleaner so that cooling channels can breathe air.
The repeated booting and shut downs are usually due to heat related failure, or defective hard drives in the throes of death.
But a lot depends on what is the memory. If 512 or less, that is not enough.
Other than those, I would suspect an infestation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back