TechSpot

Need HijackThis log pasted into Reply

By Bobbye
Oct 15, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. I am asking the users in the Virus and Malware forum to paste their next HJT log on rather than attach it. This makes the searching much easier as I can do it using a right click and malware add-on in Firefox.

They are being asked to attach an other logs or reports though. One person reported back that he couldn't put an image on-? before 5 posts. Was he doing something wrong or is this an issue?.

I also ask that the moderators not remove the pasted HJT log with the usual 'logs must be attached' message.
  2. kritius

kritius TS Guru Posts: 2,087

This is standard practice on other boards. Would be about time that techspot caught up. The 5 posts rule is for URL's.
  3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Topic Starter Posts: 16,392   +36

Some of the users are getting the message about not being able to post URL or image with less that 5 posts. Does anyone know what those members are doing wrong in the paste attempt??
  4. kritius

If they have less than 5 posts they won't be able to paste in URL's.
  5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Agreed. It is to prevent bots/spammers from signing up and immediately posting links to their sites.
  6. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Topic Starter Posts: 16,392   +36

Well, it finally dawned on me! There are URLs for the homepages- that must be the problem.
  7. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,272

Hm, would your search still work if the logs are within spoiler tags?
  8. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,535   +317

Bobbye, please check your PM inbox :)
  9. kritius

No,

The log must be pasted in so that Malware search can be used properly.

To prevent spammers you just need to be a bit quicker getting rid of them.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.