TechSpot

Need HijackThis log pasted into Reply

By Bobbye
Oct 15, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. I am asking the users in the Virus and Malware forum to paste their next HJT log on rather than attach it. This makes the searching much easier as I can do it using a right click and malware add-on in Firefox.

They are being asked to attach an other logs or reports though. One person reported back that he couldn't put an image on-? before 5 posts. Was he doing something wrong or is this an issue?.

I also ask that the moderators not remove the pasted HJT log with the usual 'logs must be attached' message.

2. kritius

kritius TS Guru Posts: 2,084

This is standard practice on other boards. Would be about time that techspot caught up. The 5 posts rule is for URL's.

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Topic Starter Posts: 16,335   +36

Some of the users are getting the message about not being able to post URL or image with less that 5 posts. Does anyone know what those members are doing wrong in the paste attempt??

4. kritius

If they have less than 5 posts they won't be able to paste in URL's.

5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Agreed. It is to prevent bots/spammers from signing up and immediately posting links to their sites.

6. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Topic Starter Posts: 16,335   +36

Well, it finally dawned on me! There are URLs for the homepages- that must be the problem.

7. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,265

Hm, would your search still work if the logs are within spoiler tags?

8. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

Bobbye, please check your PM inbox :)

9. kritius

No,

The log must be pasted in so that Malware search can be used properly.

To prevent spammers you just need to be a bit quicker getting rid of them.