Need mouse/keyboard for $40 complete max

oldikes

Would rather spend around 30 or 35.

Anyway, I would prefer for the mouse to be wireless and the keyboard to be wired. I like a back lit keyboard, but I don't see any of those around anymore for like 20 or 25 bucks. but its gonna be used for some gaming (not like hardcore, but I play pretty regularly)

anyway, im currently (borrowing) a Microsoft mobile mouse 3500. it works really well, just hoping for one slightly larger, maybe with a button or two on the side of it, although that's not a necessity. and most newer ones have a DPI higher than 1000 im thinking, although I havent noticed anything wrong with this.
Thanks for letting me know!

Mouse: Gigabyte Eco 600
Keyboard: Gigabyte GK-7100 Ultra Slim

Total: around $45 depending on where you live.

its a few dollars over budget but it'd be well worth it (I've tried the mouse, it feels so nice in your hand :D)

I cannot find the GK-7100 anywhere online, but I might be getting a nicer keyboard from someone anyway.

As for the gigabyte mouse, that looks great, however, the reviews on newegg worry me.

Hi, I think it's going to be difficult to find both a backlit k'board and mouse for $40.
The Saitek keyboards are mostly backlit, and good prices, but they don't seem to be in stock with many traders.
Possibly could get one as old stock somewhere.
The best value for keyboard AND mouse would be to buy them together from the the same maker, in the same box.
So I would look at Microsoft 800 k&m, or Logitech k&m set, but they will be the ordinary 'office' style, not gaming specials.
The dedicated gaming mouses alone will be over $40, x2 or x3 that probably.

I dont really need a gaming mouse or a backlit keyboard.
However, ive gotten a little extra money so I think im gonna pick up a MS sidewinder off newegg for short of $50. as for a mouse, I still need one for under about 20 dollars. so yea.

Just pick up the best Logitech KB/Mouse combo you can find. They just work for years and work well! Newegg should have a few good ones listed under "Best Rating".

I think I have it down to three keyboards (though I WILL pick up a illuminated white Logitech if I find one below 50, assuming its backlit between keys)) now that my budget is higher. The Sidewinder X4, the Logitech G110, and the saitek eclipse II. I like the saitek mainly because its backlit in between keys, which is more helpful to me. Anyway, does anyone have any recommandations that are backlit between keys, and are under 60? and can anyone confirm the logitech wired one is backlit between keys?
actually, the logitech ultrathin looks great for me...except for the W, shift, and space problem. Any keyboards like it that DONT do that? the more I look, the more I like white backlighting.

Update: choosing between these keyboards:
Razer lycosa, one of the logitech illuminated keyboards (wired or wireless), or a saitek eclipse II.
I like the backlighting on the eclipse II the best, so I was thinking of getting that. However it doesnt really matter too much to me. If I could find a G510 for 70 bucks I would probably get that.

What do you all think? im not really playing a whole lot of FPS (I might get BF3 eventually but I have it on console already so its not a priority), or hardcore of any game on the PC. I play some of this and that. I really dont like the look of the G110, it just looks too flashy.

Back