Need opinions on browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarheel

After a couple of years of hearing nothng but bad things about Internet explorer, I finally feel like dumping it for another browser... I hear alot of praises about firefox so I suppose many of you will tell me to go with it... How about SeaMonkey???? Send me your opinions and why on browsers please...Also I uninstalled my pc-cillin even though I had 6 months left on the subscription...I loaded Avira in place of it and added ccleaner, Auslogic defrag, MalWareByte, and I am now using Comodo firewall... After reading many and many threads on here, it seems like that combination should work just fine (I hope).... So now like I said, I just need a new great browser......

The big ones are Apples Safari, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome. I am sure theres others but these are the ones I have experienced. Personally, I use Google Chrome, I think its just fantastic, but I think the biggest thing with browsers is just testing them yourself, try those ones I mentioned for a couple days each and I'm sure one will suit your taste, because thats what it comes down to, the individual preference, reviews can only help you so much.
cheers
Hynesy

I have used Firefox since the public version came out over 4 years ago. I have been very pleased with it. The safety and customizability of it is hands down over IE.

I've been running Opera for many years on my PCs. With a custom urlfilter.ini (that you can download free) nearly all the ads get blocked on websites. I like the way the tabs behave on it, even with extensions in Firefox I've been unable to make its tabs behave like Opera.

Recently I dropped Opera from my Macs because 9.6x was getting too slow (I don't have new Macs) and switched to Safari. With Safari Ad-block and a 1 line terminal command I can make it work very much like Opera (minus mouse gestures, but I don't use them on my laptop anyway). I don't really recommend Safari for PCs, mainly because I don't see an advantage in it over Firefox or Google Chrome.

So my recommendation is Opera or Google Chrome. Firefox gets my recommendation if you want to make your browser into something more than just a browser (with extensions).

I have used the predecessor to seamonkey- Mozilla. (not to be confused with firefox.) It's an older browser, but works fine. But Firefox has many add-ons and tools which make it really good to use, like adblocker.

Thanks for the responses.. Looks like Google Chrome is one fast browser but I worry about security with it being new. I am now using Firefox 3 and love it. You can't beat all the add-ons and the security is great..

I also use Opera for the majority of my browsing. Safer than Firefox or IE ( to my way of seeing it) because fewer people use it, so malware writers pretty much ignore it and go for the bigger ones. And I believe it to be faster than them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back