Need opinions on this motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

klepto12

ok first of all i will be building a new core i7 build very soon and i was wondering what you guys thought of this mb. ASRock X58 Extreme LGA 1366 it seems to be a very nice board and has some great reviews and toms hardware liked it. so what do you guys think grab this or go with gigabyte or asus?

hmmm i have been contemplating weather to just go with an i7 860 and 1156 board over the 920. and a cheap board what do you think?

i have been contemplating weather to just go with an i7 860 and 1156 board over the 920. and a cheap board what do you think?

Good question. Depends on whether you're thinking hexa-core in the near future... :)

hexa core sounds nice but i dont even have a quad right now since mine bit the dust :) so the i7 either way is alot faster than what i have but i like the 920 better but i can get more power for cheaper with the 860 god this is so hard to decide :(

Other than the processor and the mobo, what are the other components you've decided on?

It's a similar situation as in a recent thread by Tank. Like I said there, the Nehalem is definitely better for bragging rights. Else, the Lynnfield may be the better bang for the buck. :)

Tough choice. However, the LGA1366 is probably the best platform in the market right now. Also there is the matter of the triple channel memory controller. I personally like it more.

Again, the 860 runs a cooler and has lower power consumption.

So in my opinion, if the price difference between the 920 Vs 860 build isn't too much, go ahead with the 920. Actually if you're considering the LGA 1156, I'd only recommend the i5 750.

I think if that ASRock board is a good one, then you're getting excellent value for the 920 build.

All the best my good man. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back