Need Replacement Motherboard

By Hockeydude
Aug 27, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, so recently I bought an EVGA 9400 GT vid card, and with some research found out that my Dimension E310 Mobo is crap. In the BIOS I can't directly select which card to use. Also when I set it on auto detect the EVGA freezes and gives me errors and a whole bunch of crap. Anyways, I need to replace my motherboard but I am not sure what to get.

Compatibility Needs:

Pentium 4 Processor
    DDR2 800MH Ram

The only real question I need answered is that say I find a mobo on newegg that says it supports DDR2 1200 memory standard. Will it support my 4GB of DDR2 MH800?
  2. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

For your only real question, DDR2 800 Should work on mobos supporting DDR2 1200. As for whether it supports 4GB or not the specifications page of the product you choose should answer the question.
  3. Hockeydude

Hockeydude Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 42

Alright I that opens up a few more, but pentium 4 mobos are becoming hard to find as I have found out.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.