Need software for my camera

Hi there,
I've got an Alba SL1230 camera but my PC won't recognise it for some reason. I've not got the disk that was with it. Is there anywhere I can get the software for it, for free?
It's a great camera & I've got some pics that I desperately want to upload to my PC. Somebody out there HELP me. I'm on Windows XP by the way.

you could always take the memory card out of the camera and use a simple USB card reader - - @ $9-15 they are cheap.

Also, found someone with same problem., same camera This worked for them: I have edited and reformatted the answer for ease of use:

USB Mass Storage device may not be enabled. To check this, and repair -
  • Connect Camera with USB cable.
  • Right Click My Computer And Select the following > Manage > (Left in Computer Management Window) Device Manager.
  • In Right Window, locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
  • Any Devices listed with Red (disabled) or Yellow
    alert-icon.gif

(functioning issues) right click and choose Uninstall.
  • Computer should want to reboot itself.
  • If not Shutdown and restart it.
  • Once rebooted, the Found New Device wizard should identify and install the USB Mass Storage Device.
  • Open My Computer when it is complete (do not rush it (get a coffee and select Patience for a few minutes) and a new device - the Camera should be listed under Devices with Removable Storage.

Hi nuttynannynita

1) per jobeard's post: I assume you have the option to move the memory card in the cam to a reader? If possible,are you also looking for the driver?

2) Try the steps in Bobbye's post. If it works, congrats!!

3) If your cam is still problematic, look through Device Manager for any device with a yellow icon. What category does it appear under: Other? Devices with Removable Storage? Portable Devices? or yet something else? What's the name of the device with the yellow icon in DevMgr?

4) List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

Back