TechSpot

Need some advice :)

By kmalone0023
Oct 9, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey ladies and gents, I was wondering if i could move my DELL 3000 *Stuff*, inside a new case such as this???

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811208005

And, I want to upgrade to 160 gb from 80 gb and needed some advice on what kind to get becuz I am new to computers and do not know what is compaitable with my computer. Thanks

Ken

P.S. My specs are

2.66 ghz celeron d
    80 gb
    512 dual channel ddr
    PCI (only pci) Mobo
  2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

you have dell (OEM) hardware on your hands, and it is not compatible with standard cases, power supplies, and most RAM. sorry, this is how the oem builders make thier cash...

and if you're new to computers i reccomend not upgrading the hardddrive yourself, because often well-meaning users such as yourself ruin thier machines when they accidentally damage something during said procedure.
  3. kmalone0023

kmalone0023 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 42

yea but

Well I know I can upgrade to 160 GB, but I don't know which kind to get. I know it can get it from newegg but which kind???
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.