TechSpot

Need some assistance with unknow DVD type

By cosmoz
Jan 7, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but have seen a few similar posts in here just none with anything i can use.

Im got a dvd copy of a movie which happens to be in a format I can find no info on. The file extensions range from .r00 - .r87 (boozers) with a misc .sfv .rar adding up to 4.26gig and Im at a loss at what to do. The files are both audio and video tracks. I cant seem to find anything capable of converting the file types or if i even need to. Ive tried using nero ahead and a few other programs but known seem to support the file type and im a abit wary considering some have asked about ts_audio files and the like.

Any help would be appreciated as my kids are driving me up the walls about it.

2. souL

souL TS Rookie

Try a dvd player for your operating system, if you've already tried this then i don't know.. im guessing the dvd failed to play on windows media player or real one player or something like that, try a dvd player :grinthumb

3. cosmoz

cosmoz TS Rookie Topic Starter

I can get the individual tracks to run fine just not consecutively. My problem is that I cant burn it to a dvd or atleast dont know how.

4. cosmoz

anyone else got any ideas?

5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

So you managed to uncompress the rar packages and now you have other unknown media files?

DVD video clips reside in VIDEO_TS directory with filenames like VTS_01_1.VOB and so on.

DVD-Audio tracks reside in AUDIO_TS directory with filenames like ATS_01_1.VOB and so on.

6. cosmoz

It came from a torrent download. I own the DVD but My kids have put it through alot so I figured Id try to burn them a new one since I cant g et my PC to open or play the original even after being "repaired".

Thes no subdirectories just the 90+ video files that are about a 1.5 minutes in video length + sound. Ive got no clue what to do with them. Ive tried searching google and cant seem to pull up anything at all. I dont know if or how i need to convert them. I know I cant do much with them as nothing recognizes them not to mention for some reason any dvd i try to burn using nero will only allow 700mb to be transfered when they should only take up 3/4 of the dvds actual size

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.