Need some help with Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have read all the threads and followed the advice but I am experiencing some issues no one else seems to have encountered.

While I was browsing the internet I encountered an antivirus xp 2008 pop up (using firefox3) that I could not get rid off and that prevented task manager from opening. I left it open while I went to another computer to do some research but my girlfriend installed it by accident.

It proceeded to install antivirus xp 2008 and a BSOD screen saver.

This was all while I had AVG, AVG Spybot running.

I managed to remove it by following some instructions here but I am still experiencing google redirects via go.google.com and google-analytics.com

In addition to this I cannot access some sites when I try to down load things like malwarebytes or hijack this. To bypass this I used the cached sites in google search, this is unaffected by the redirects. When I tried to install these programs I was told either that various dll files are missing or that I was not allowed to install the programs. Running a search for the dll files I can find them so I assume this is again the work of the malware. This is the same when I try to install them in normal mode or safe mode.

I have spybot search and destroy and ad-aware running on the system too in addition to the AVG software which cannot find the piece of software causing the problem! This is the same when I try to find the error in safe or normal mode.

So apart from formatting the system and starting again what else can I do. I have a lot of music and photos and information for my up coming wedding that I would hope to save.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read this and hopefully helping me.

Emmo

Do you have a System Restore Point available?

Use it if so.

Then run through the Prelim Removal regimen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back