Need some help with this frustrating processor stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone I would deeply appreciate it if i could get some help with this. I just recently bought a NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT graphics card and i installed it and it works fine hoping that it would cure my lag issues. It didnt. I have 3 gigs of ram in my computer and when i play World of Warcraft and get in a place with alot of players or in a battle ground, i just start lagging. I know it cant be the internet because comcast just came out and fixed the problem we were having earlier and gave us a new box and i am directly connected through it. Here is what i have in my system:

Proccessor : 2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4

3 gigs of ram

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT graphics card

Main Circuit board:
Board: Intel Corporation D945GTP AAC97839-301
Serial Number: LATP61031906
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. NT94510J.86A.3239.2005.1205.1900 12/05/2005

if there is anything else i can tell you please respond and i will get back to you very quickly!

Thanks!!
Just tell me if i need a new processor or not because i only want to spend about 200-300 on a processor that will keep me lag free

Mike

Intel Says.........

Here's the CPU support page for your board; http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d945gtp/sb/CS-026628.htm This board is getting old. The newest dual core CPU that is compatible is the Pentium D series. Many of these chips are not really widely available, (if at all), and even if they were, I don't think they'd bring you to the place you want to be. Feel free to wait for a second or more opinion.
Later runs of 945 chipset boards will run the early Conroe Core2Duos, but I had a Foxconn that was Pentium only, and unfortunately it seems you do as well.

I concur, the processor is probably a bit weak compared to that card, by the way, go and get the latest drivers. Probably WQHL 185 or something close.

I know it cant be the internet because comcast just came out and fixed the problem we were having earlier and gave us a new box and i am directly connected through it.
Comcast is one of the WORST ISP's I have ever seen, especially their customer service and their "fixes". They have a tendency to replace perfectly good hardware and tab in about $30 into your monthly bill, which is also ridiculously high. Though they can be a good ISP if they like you.

wow is really dependent on a nice cpu to run smooth and a p4 is not a nice cpu the video card you have is fine and so is the ram its the cpu thats holding you back. i also like captains suggestions you will notice a big improvement over what you have now trust me and you can even throw in some nice 1066 ddr2 ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back