Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jboman

My daughter has a Laptop, Dell Latitude CPx. I don't know if it's a H or J series. OS Windows Home Edition, SP1.

My Daughter loaned her laptop out for someone to use.

That someone returned her laptop to her with a serious issue that's plexing her.

Problem: Her Laptop will power up, but the LCD Screen is totally white. No Icons, nothing. Just a white screen.

All LED lights are green for power...etc

She has checked the brightness and contrast, and it appears they are adjusted properly.

She claims that someone she loaned her laptop to didn't spill anything on to the keyboard, didn't accidentally 'bump' the screen against anything, and my daughter states the LCD is not damaged or scratched in anyway.

I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to Laptop's, PCs and/or Desktops are more my forte.

So, can some explain to me why she is getting a white screen after powering up her Laptop.

Could it be possible her video (card) has gone bad?

And, if so, what can be done to fix a bad video card or component that's gone bad?

Also, is it possible she may just need to update her video driver?

Is it possible some kind of diagnostic that can be run to detect the problem?

Any explanation or assistance will be truly appreciated.

Jboman.

Laptop Need Help

My daugther had someone look at her laptop.

That someone plugged an external monitor in.
After boot-up she received Welcome to Windows and then was able to view her Desktop Icons.

Whatever the person that looked at her laptop did to rectify the problem got the issue resolved.

She is good to go and a 'happy' camper.

Thanks Kimsland for the reply.

I apologize for taking so long to reply.

Jboman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back