Need some serious help with drivers and computer in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcatmk2123

I have a P4 3ghz pentium prescott with 1gig of Kensington RAM a Foxconn motherboard and 2 hardrives on IDE channels, one is 200GB paritioned into 3 seperate drives the other 30GB with 1 cd-rom and 1 cd-rw along with a BFG Nvidia geforce 6800 GT AGP brand new.

My problem is this: A couple of months ago my computer blacked out on me while I was playing a game. After it blacked out I tried to turn it on three or four times and it did not come on. After this we took it back to the same guy who got it running for us a year ago for a completely seperate problem. After we got it back he told us that our power supply failed and he replaced that along with the Motherboard as it was still under warrantly and he thought it might have been messed up. After we had gotten it back no more than 2 days passed when we began to get blue screens left and right for "an unknown" driver and occasionaly a graphics driver but the specific one is "unknown" and my comp would randomly cap its framerate at 15 FPS for no reason when a second ago it was doing 30+ easily. So we went on to reformat the 200GB HD (as this is our primary one) and reinstall windows XP Pro as Foxconn website said to do it as not doing so would cause our problems we were getting. After I did the re-install about 3 hours later we began to get the same blue screen reports of 0X8e (mostly), 0xd, 0xA (and maybe 1 or two others) and my computer still did the framerate cap at 10 FPS when it did 30+ easily a second ago (which is usually solved by a shutdown for 15 sec which works for random periods of time until it caps at 10 FPS again). I have also noticed that my computer will not download game demos as they almost always come to my computer "corrupted" either the same file part each time or some games different parts randomly each time. After all this and talking to my college professors (im going for Network Administrator) I tried to do the memory test from microsoft thinking it was the RAM but it came out perfectly fine and I downloaded the same game demos that i had problems with before from school and loaded them onto my USB. I then proceeded to copy it off the USB and onto the different HD's restarting before I run it each time. Both HD's failed with "corrupted" files, but my USB was able to load it sucessfully. Now the demo I tried to do was Age of Empires 3 and the game that does the framerate cap is Counter Strike: Source. The CS:S game I played before on my old motherboard with absolutly flawless playing no errors on the computer or anything. My teachers and myself think its the motherboard on account the FPS used to be fine until now and we had no blues screens at all until the new motherboard which is about 2 weeks old. Is anyone able to help us as I am ready to take a hammer to the damn thing?. Sorry for the long page, tried to be informing as much as possbile. Thank you.

There is a chance the replacement board is bad. Did you install the motherboard drivers after you installed Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back