TechSpot

Need STALKER SoC help,please

By chrissof
Mar 28, 2007
  1. hi everybody at TechSpot.
    Need help with STALKER - game installs,can be started and played - but when I change any options(like keys...)they are "forgotten" although I pressed "use"...(save-games are remembered...!?)
    and if I shut down the game it will not restart,except for the starting screen.then returns to windows.
    Sys-specs: p4p800se with 2.8nw at 3.36
    x800pro at xt
    250Gig seagate
    sb audigy

thanks for help

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

A patch has been released for it already. Download & install, maybe it will help.

3. sghiznaneck

sghiznaneck TS Maniac Posts: 403

Are you turning off your anti virus?? When I installed the game, I had all kinds of weird problems. Sometimes it would lock up on CLIENT:Synchronizing and then return to desktop. I e-mailed THQ over a week ago, and still haven't received a reply. Try turning off your anti virus. Leave your firewall on, though (assuming you are running one)

4. chrissof

chrissof TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 59

Thanx didou,the patch worked fine(after I managed to unzip it...that took a while.had to try several downloads...)
    but now the game runs,and the smile is back on my face!

hi sghiznaneck.try to install the patch 1.001,after I did that the game started as expected and is now running properly.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.