Need to connect four monitors

1. Good Morning everyone,

So this is just a quick question. But before I ask im going to post my specs

ASUS M2AVM MOBO
    6GB DUAL CHANNEL RAM
    AMD ATHLON 64 X2 6400 3.2GHZ
    1TB HDD
    1x NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600GT

NOW onto my question.

I need to connect four monitors for work related functions. Currently I have only been able to connect two. I cannot use surround view and I don't play games so I don't use intense graphics. I was wondering if adding two PCI cards will suffice?

what are my options, hopefully something cheap
  2. Tomorrow_Rains

Tomorrow_Rains TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 179

I am also running windows 7 64bit
  3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

I really think you will need a better motherboard that supports Nividia's SLI mode using 2 PCIe slots, for 2 SLI video cards. 2 standard PCI video cards may not function properly driving 4 monitors...
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,061   +1,179

It might be in your best interest to replace the 7600GT. That way you know you have a card that supports Windows 7 64-bit without possible driver issues involved in mismatched cards. If I had the PCI cards already on hand, I would probably try it. If not, I'm fairly sure I wouldn't take the risk of driver issues. The choice is yours though and I wish you luck in your quest.

XFX HD-677X-Z5F3 Radeon HD 6770 1GB has 5 Mini DisplayPort and only cost $125. The card states a 500W power supply is required for operation and you may need Mini DisplayPort adapters.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.