Need to create a short (timelapse-like) video from digital camcorder video

SNGX1275

Just for fun I want to take some video that I record with a very cheap digital video camera, and speed it up to make 30 minutes condensed down to maybe 2 or 3. Currently it is at 29.97fps motion jpeg video (which sucks, but its a cheap camera and I don't need insane quality for this). I was thinking out of that roughly 30 fps, I really only need 2 or 3 depending on the finished length I decide. I'm sure there is software to do something like this, but I searched a bit on my own and didn't come up with much. I do not need to keep the audio in my original video.

I was pretty sure I had asked this before in here, but a quick forum search didn't turn it up.

I'm hoping for freeware, but if there is a decent pay alternative that isn't a full professional (expensive) thing then that will be ok.

Essentially the video is a 'dash cam' and I really just want to see some routes I drive sped up a lot. So this isn't a terribly serious project, but in a few months I may be getting a Go Pro or something similar and recording mountain bike rides, so anything I can learn now may come in handy in the future.

That batch processing link looks promising...

Edit: Got a little confused on that. It seems to hold true to its "batch" aspect rather than just a single file. I have a single file at 30fps, I want to make 1 more single file at 30fps but with maybe 10% of the original.

That is pretty much what I want to do. But I want it to be a new file at 10% or so of the size, not the same file played back faster in software.

Back