Need to delete Qoobox

Status
Not open for further replies.

mraja

Two days ago my computer got infected. I ran combofix and i think it fixed everything but i still have a slight feeling the virus is not gone cuz when i right click my computer and check the properties on my registration it still has my name but for the key is says Virus Alert!

That is my main concern rite now and also i want to get rid of the Qoobox file on my computer. can anyone help me get rid of it? because i was reading and it said you need an expert to delete that folder.

Thanks

Hi, please refer to the malware removal sticky located at the top of this forum. When you are done with those intructions, run combofix. After that post back with all your logs.

Hey, I ran the malwarebytes anti-malware and it completed the scan and the problem was that the files that are in the Qoobox are infected and I wasnt sure if I should delete it. I just wanted to know if I could delete the files?

Attachments

• mbam-log-2008-10-30 (17-51-42).txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi, I notice the logs show no action taken. Yes you may delete the files in Qoobox.

I would say it is best to run those 3 programs in that same order again, and ensure the infected items are fixed. HijackThis goes last, and save a new log for each to post here. I'm not able to tell the current status of your system as I do not know if those programs have fixed those infected regions.

hey, just a quick thing. When I ran super antisypware and it asked me to delete the files I said yes and after it said to restart my computer and I was restarting it but the problem was that every time it went to the boot screen it just restarts. It happened a couple times until I just restored it from a previous good configuration. Right now i am running the scans again as you said and i will re post the logs right after they are done.

Hey, I have finished the scans and I just have one problem. In the other account in my computer it says that task manager has been disabled and theres nothing on the start menu no option to log off? can i delete that account and make a new one?

hey just one question is there a way to repair the administrative tools like perfmon.msc, services.msc and computer management because I can not open them, it says access denied. Did the virus disable that? Is there a way to re install it without the cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back