Need To Disable Firewall!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright this might be a dumb question but, I'm at school and using the campus internet. I am trying to use Azureus and Limewire to download music but, for some reason there is a message that says there is a firewall that is preventing thatfrom happening. I disabled the XP firewall and still nothing. Is it not even possible to get around this while using the LAN connection? Or am I stuck with the same music for the rest of my college days haha

They've probably installed such a firewall on the machine providing you with the Internet connection. Your best best to get new music is probably to lend it from a friend & rip it.

It may be possible if you had administraive rights to the PC. But that is probably the firewall that is on your schools server that you can't disable. Theres a reason for that, to keep people from DL'ing potentially harmful programs to the PC or run the risks of viri....not saying you in particular would.

Well thank you

Yeah I see... Well crap. thanks for the info and I guess I'll just have to roam the streets for a place with wireless and pop a squat there for a while haha thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back