Need to increase computer speed for WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure a lot of you know the computer game world of warcraft. Im trying to install it on my laptop computer for when i go away and i encounter the problem that my computer has insufficient speed.

How could i fix this error, would i need to buy more RAM or is there nothing i can do besides getting a new laptop.

My computer specs are:
Dell Inspiron I6400
Genuine Intel(R) CPU
T2300 @ 1.66GHz
980MHz, 504 MB of RAM

i noticed when looking at the game's minimum requirements that my RAM is 8 MB under the minimum. If i spent the money to exceed this game's min. requirements, will it fix the issue?

How is it insufficient? Does the installer actually prevent you from installing / playing the game?

If it only checks the CPU speed during installation, you can set it to maximum from Control Panel -> Power Options, set the scheme to "Always on" or something like that for the installation, then back to "Portable/Laptop" when done.

The amount of memory seems adequate as well, although more wouldn't hurt.

Not enough information. What kind of graphics solution do you have? If it is an Intel integrated graphics, for example, then I doubt it will be sufficient. Transform and Lighting is a graphics requirement that I don't think it supports.

I would go with mailpup, the only thing that may give you a problem is your video card. You cpu is using speedstep but even at the speed you listed (which is effectively half speed) it should still make the cut. (800hmz is the minimum)

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back