Need to upgrade graphics card for multiple monitors

Micro-Star Int: 880GM-E43 (MS-7596) motherboard
AMD Athlon IIx4 chipset
Current graphics card: ATI Radeon HD4250 (yea, I know)

I want to upgrade the graphics card for multiple monitors (2 min - 3 max). I'm no longer an avid gamer, but want the option as well as multiple monitors.

Dual 23" LCD's

Thanks for the help.

Go for an Nvidia 560TI or a 570, they will both clock down when you disable your second monitor Mugemon is a great utility for this. 560TI = £200, 570 = £275

Micro-Star Int: 880GM-E43 (MS-7596) motherboard
AMD Athlon IIx4 chipset
Current graphics card: ATI Radeon HD4250 (yea, I know)

I want to upgrade the graphics card for multiple monitors (2 min - 3 max). I'm no longer an avid gamer, but want the option as well as multiple monitors.

Dual 23" LCD's

Thanks for the help.

And card with Dual DVI + HDMI or triple HDMI will do.

There's no point splashing out money on a 560Ti or a 570 if you're not going to be playing games. Even a low end card should be able to run dual monitors.

Bear in mind that you need an SLI configuration if you want to run 3 monitors with an Nvidia card, but some AMD cards have Eyefinity which means you can run 3 monitors with a single card.

HD 6990 has 3 dvi ports for connecting 3 monitors, but are you willing to spend that kind of money for 3 displays. You need to find out want you want to do before deciding on the number of dvi ports.

An Nvidia 9600 will run 2 monitors just fine if thats all your after. If you want to run a 3 monitor setup then you are going to have to spend on a good card/cards.

Back