Need upgrade advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have been given a pc and would like to upgrade it if possible so i can run better games . I really dont know what i can add to this computor but a firned said i can change the proccesor , and obviously ram would help . I really only have a budget of around 100 pounds and would be very gratefull if somebody that knows about pcs would point me in the right direction of what would be best to upgrade .

Here are some specs , thanks in advance.

Field Value
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)
Field Value
Motherboard Name FUJITSU SIEMENS D1567
Field Value
Motherboard Chipset Intel Springdale-G i865G
Field Value
System Memory 1536 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Field Value
BIOS Type Phoenix (04/07/04)

Field Value
Network Adapter Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection (82.18.97.139)

Device Description Device Type
nVIDIA GeForce 6200 AGP Video Adapter

Well, it seems your motherboard supports upto 4GB RAM. So you could increase your RAM to about 2GB.

Since it has an AGP 8x slot you may want to get a Radeon HD 3850 graphics card.

I wouldn't upgrade anything on that machine; you'd be better off saving money and buying a new one instead.

There's no point in investing in obsolete hardware; the RAM will be expensive and hard to find, and the same goes for the video card. The CPU is the only cheap component. The video card is the main deciding factor for game performance in any system, and an AGP slot severly limits your options, not to mention the fact that you may need to replace the power supply if you buy a powerful card like the HD 3850 (which is also two generations old)

Not worth it IMO.

Thanks for your promt replies , i think i will take your advie and just buy a new comp . Once again thanks for your detailed reply > :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back