Need video card suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pixel shader 2.0 is VERY old, I even thought the old radeons had it, pixel shader support is not too good of a way to determine which graphics card to buy.
But to upgrade your graphics card, you will probably need a new power supply. which could actually fit in your budget.

If you know what your current powersupply is tell us.
Give us a more detailed description of what the graphics card should do, specifically useful is the games you want to play.

I need to be able to run BF2 warhammer online smoothly
I can play WoW and BF2 atm but WoW only runs at 10 FPS and that with all the settings set to the lowest.

As for my power supply It shouldn't be a issue the computer is relatively new just came with a the Radeon video card

Well, slap me if I'm wrong but the obsolete Radeon 9200 only came as AGP or PCI. The cards supersmashbrada suggested are PCI Express. They aren't compatible unless your PC has a PCI-E x16 slot so make sure it does before you get your new card.

Oh, and should I just buy and build a new computer with it? Because my computer is about 7 years old and is running uber slow!!! =]

is running uber slow!!! =]
That is actually because the harddrive, and fast harddrive are actually quite expensive and do not deliver too much of a performance boost.

You could speed it up, after all, the harddrive is probably not spinning any slower than when you got it. A complete format would be drastic, but should ensure "like new" speeds.
Look at the Guide for making your Windows run faster thread.

At seven years old your PC is likely obsolete. However, it would be good to know for sure. What are your PC specifications or PC make and model?

Computer Years

Computer years are like dog years, and seven is elderly. Even if you bought bleeding edge tech, you're ready for a new computer if gaming is your desire.

Computer years are like dog years, and seven is elderly. Even if you bought bleeding edge tech, you're ready for a new computer if gaming is your desire.
Then again, if he is looking for a pixel shader 2.0 game, it could work, just a little upgrade would be ok.
Great phrase though :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back