TechSpot

Need Win 7 64-bit logon screen to show last username

By Mansour
Jan 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. we have a few Dell Precision T3500 with Win 7 64-bit OS. We use them in computer labs setting. I change the local policy to have the Username and password prompted on the screen for the user to log in. These system are not on domain and are part of a workgroup. When the user want to logout, switch user, or resume, the login windows gets displayed with two boxes for user name and password. I like for the last user name to be displayed in the box. Is there any way to make the last user name displayed? I tried changing the local policy for Interactive logon: Do not display last user name, but it changes the welcome screen and displays all the users names with their icons. I just want to have the last user name displayed in the username box. I do not want to deal with the CTRl+Al+DEL setting.

Thansk

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.