TechSpot

Need Win 7 logon screen to show last username

By mikepbmike
Feb 18, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hey, all!

I have a new Dell Precision T5500 on which I've installed Windows 7 64-bit OS. Currently, all of the local groups appear on the screen that comes up after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del.
    What I want to happen during the logon process is to use Ctrl+Alt+Del and have only one account show on the display (not all local accounts), then enter the username/password. I also need (and here's the trick) the name of the last user to appear in the username box.
    I can get everything but the last username to appear. How is this done? And why do I feel like I'm going to have a really big "Duh" moment when I find out how this is done?

Thanks to you all.

mikePBmike

2. mikepbmike

mikepbmike TS Rookie Topic Starter

Fixed!!

Update: The reason I wasn't getting the last names to display OR I was getting icons for all local accounts was because I had not yet joined the computers to the domain. Like I said earlier - a "Duh" moment. Once on the domain, the problem went away. Oh, well...thanks, anyway!

mikePBmike

3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,452   +227

Thanks for posting the solution. Sorry no one was able to help you before this.

4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,056   +76

+1 mail.

Additionally you can set an 'stand alone' PC to show Ctrl+Alt+Del, and then give choice to type in username/password by tweaking the settings in Local Security Policy / Local Policies / Security Options.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.