Need XP driver for Seagate Momentus ST960813AS

Hello, If anyone knows where to find the driver for Seagate Momentus Hard Drive ST960813AS for XP I would really appreciate it. I am trying to fix a laptop for a friend and I cant get it to connect to the internet I just need the driver so I can do a restore. I plan on using a process called slip-streaming to add the driver to a recovery disc I have made...well I have to make a new one now with the driver on it but this is only because the first recovery disc I made is saying it cant detect the Hard Drive for me to run the recovery on. If anyone has the driver or knows where I can get it that would be a huge help....or if you think I should go about fixing the situation a completely different way let me know.....I'm like %100 sure it has a virus if not a couple thats why I was just going to do a recovery first. Any help or suggestions are appreciated ahead of time so THANK YOU!!!!

Hello, If anyone knows where to find the driver for Seagate Momentus Hard Drive ST960813AS for XP I would really appreciate it. I am trying to fix a laptop for a friend and I cant get it to connect to the internet I just need the driver so I can do a restore.
Why exactly do you think you need drivers for the hard drive?
Are you getting an error while trying to do the system recovery? If so, what is the exact error message stating?

Yea I tried to do a regular recovery and I get an error message saying "STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down" So instead I made a recovery disc but when I try to do a recovery using the disc it says it cant detect any hard drives so I was reading into it and at first I was simply gonna put the driver for the hard drive on a usb flash drive and see if I could get it to work that way then I read about slip-streaming where I put the driver on the recovery disc and this way it would run the driver when needed. However I can't even find the driver for the hard drive anywhere. If you have any suggestions to help with any of these situations it would be greatly appreciated. I cant even get my friends laptop to connect to the internet or I would be able to fix it easier. If I could connect to the internet at least I could get it fixed in an easier way at least ways that I know of that work.....regardless for now my options are to get the driver as far as I know so again thank you for any help from anyone in advance!!!!!

Do you have a RAID setup? The only thing I could think of that would keep a Windows install from finding a drive, baring a broken drive or southbridge, would be a RAID configured set of hard drives OR a broken optical drive.

Not 100% sure about this but when I googled Seagate Momentus Hard Drive ST960813AS it looks like it's a SATA drive? And Windows XP doesn't come with a SATA driver (in which case, you may have read about "slipstreaming" a SATA driver onto an XP recovery/installation CD etc.)

I believe there's an Intel SATA driver for download for Intel motherboard. But this might be easiest if you boot into BIOS menu and see if there's an option for IDE disk emulation. Then you can also just run it in IDE mode if that turns out easiest solution

Yea I believe its a SATA drive and I tried running the recovery disc I made and it reads it it asks me what I want to do whether I want to do a full recovery like to factory condition or a recovery that saves my data however when I choose it then tells me that it doesn't detect any hard drives. I need to run the driver for the hard drive first. It shows an option if I push F6 I can load my driver if I have one. So I know the disc drive works...but thank you both for the advice and LookinAround I'm gonna check the BIOS right now hold on one sec....please and thank you again!!!!

I'm off to bed for now. If need be, you can also google something like install sata drive xp f6. I noticed a you tube video, I've seen some good guides about it online in the past. Others on here may have first hand knowledge about it as well (I never needed to do it). In any event, will check back on your progress tomorrow. G'luck! and G'nite ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm pretty sure its the factory hard drive I mean I can log on but the thing def has some viruses and a number of other problems so I think my best bet is to recover it somehow but without having to transfer or backup the data somewhere else....I wanna do the recovery where it keeps the data and run my programs to fix any other issues and get rid of the viruses. Obviously there is a driver for xp though that runs this HD cuz like I said I can logon and open files and do some stuff it doesn't freeze or anything but like I said I cant connect to internet on it wireless and wired and some things like in the Computer Manager some parts like the device manager or any of the other managers work or dont they say something about that plugin not working and then other times all the managers work fine idk

Back